The conference team has worked hard to make WILU17 a sustainable conference through the U of A’s Green Spaces Certification program. We are a certified Gold event! Principles are listed on the Sustainable Procurement for this conference.
Green things we are doing @WILU2017
- WILU badges are being borrowed from University of Alberta Alumni Services, so please do not throw them out or recycle them at the end of the conference; look for the baskets to return them at the end of WILU.
- We are hoping to be single-use water bottle free at WILU, so please take advantage of the refillable water pitchers and glasses during the conference.
- Please bring your own reusable travel mug. We will be providing you with a nifty WILU 2017 water bottle (shown here)!
- Consider bringing a device to reduce paper note taking.
- Don’t print the program! The WILU team is using our Conference App that includes all session and event details.
- WILU17 will be running on Bullfrog Power to reduce our emissions footprint and support the growth of renewable energy in Canada. Bullfrog Power’s generators put 100% green power onto the grid to match the amount of conventional electricity the event uses, displacing energy from polluting sources. Across Canada, Bullfrog’s green electricity comes from a blend of wind and low-impact hydro power sourced from new Canadian renewable energy facilities.