The conference team worked hard to make WILU17 a sustainable conference through the U of A’s Green Spaces Certification program. We are a certified Gold event! Principles are listed on the Sustainable Procurement for this conference.
Green things we are doing @WILU2017
- WILU badges were borrowed from University of Alberta Alumni Services.
- WILU 2017 was single-use water bottle free. Participants were provided with a nifty WILU 2017 water bottle (shown here)!
- Participants were encouraged to bring a device to reduce paper note taking.
- Don’t print the program! The WILU Conference App includes all session and event details.
- WILU17 ran on Bullfrog Power to reduce our emissions footprint and support the growth of renewable energy in Canada. Bullfrog Power’s generators put 100% green power onto the grid to match the amount of conventional electricity the event uses, displacing energy from polluting sources. Across Canada, Bullfrog’s green electricity comes from a blend of wind and low-impact hydro power sourced from new Canadian renewable energy facilities.